THE AEE WEB SITE WILL BE CHANGING SOON.
We've been working to make an improved web site which will be available by this next Monday.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- Cleaner / Easier to Use Navigation
Our new menu does not require you to hunt and peck. Areas of interest will be easily found using a different layout which shows more information while grouping similar topics together:
- Mobile Device Compatible
Our new site works and adjusts to smaller screens on mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. The site collapses into Single Column Mode so you don't have to scroll left and right to see what's there.
Sub-Menus also appear in a longer list which makes it easier to get where you want to go:
- More Consistent Layout
Our new site has less clutter making it less distracting for a better viewing and navigation experience.
- Combined Similar Content
With our current site, there was content which was scattered into several areas. We've worked to combine things so they make better sense.
- Faster Performance
Our new site responds much more quickly than our present site.
- Account Reminders / Password Resets for Forgotten Logins
If you've encountered problems getting into our site before, you'll be happy to know you can recover your account name and reset your password yourself. You no longer have to wait for our web site administrator to intervene.
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
When you visit the new site, you'll need to sign up for a new AEE web account. We are using a completely different content management system for our site. To ensure we have curent member information and to make sure no state emails are used for registration, it was decided to require re-registration on the new site.
The AEE Web Sign-up is Different
There is an extra step where you must confirm your email to the web site before we process your access request. Here's a complete list of steps from sign-up to account approval:
- You complete the Signup form and submit.
NOTE: Our site will not accept registrations from state email systems, so you are REQUIRED to use a personal email account.
If you do not have a personal email address, there are a variety of free email providers you can use such as Google's Gmail, Microsoft's Outlook.com just to name a couple.
- You'll get an email for you to confirm your email address is valid.
NOTE: If you do not get an email, it may be due to a mis-entered address or your email spam filter.
- You click the link from the confirmation email.
- Our web site administrator receives your request for access and does the following:
- Verifies your AEE membership with our membership database.
- Documents your new username (so we can capture your contact information changes made from your web account).
- Approves (if you're a member) or denies (if you're not) your account for access.
- You receive an email welcoming you to the new AEE web site.
- You log in and enjoy the new site!